Sunday 15 January 2017

Nearly Ready for the Off - just days away...

Nearly ready for the off and so many things to think about!

It is not the "have we got the tickets?"  scenario  that is keeping me awake at night (that would be understandable) but rather the number of under pants, t-shirts and socks!  This is a difficult decision as it provokes a lot more questions - when will we be able to do any washing?  Do we take travel wash? How many 'just in case' undies do I take?  It is all too much.

As Old Fart Two (OF2) I am looking forward to packing my new suitcase with all my kit which is currently on the spare bed.  
Old Fart One (OF1) thinks that I have either done a deal with Rohan or spent all our savings!  All I can say is that Rohan has good sale deals.....   I have laid out the stuff on the bed and it might just be under 50kg!  So I have a few days to pare down the kit and be a little sensible.  I must realise that New Zealand has shops!

Still there are five days left to think about what I have not thought of yet, or, in Donald Rumsfelt speak, 'unknown unknowns' - they are the real scary ones!  






No comments:

Post a Comment